A heritage London gallery space, with offices downstairs, set within an Edwardian townhouse settled away in a side street adjacent to Soho’s bustling Carnaby Street.
One of England’s oldest art institutions, The Fine Art Society was established in 1876 and specialises in Scottish art from the 1700s onwards and London-based artists of the Victorian, Edwardian, and interwar periods. When approached to restore and bring to life their elegant London gallery space and adjoining offices, our team set out to ensure we created a space that reflected the institution’s rich legacy whilst bringing the space in line with modern building and interior practices.
Working with the building’s Edwardian design features our team fully restored the first-floor gallery space, reviving the natural wooden floors and original sash windows. Bespoke plywood cabinets were installed across one side of the room and stained to a dark mahogany effect harmonising with the flax-toned walls and muted grey furnishings. Specialised gallery lighting was installed to amplify the gallery’s artworks and ornamental objects, ensuring the integral needs of the space were met.